To be able to enter the University for a degree programme, an applicant must have a minimum of six passes in the IGCSE or equivalent high school qualification. The passes must include a C grade or better in English Language and four other relevant subjects.
Institute of Distance Education
- A candidate must be at least 22 years or older on the first day of the University Academic year in which admission is sought (A copy of birth certificate or National Identity card is required when submitting an application).
- A candidate should have completed SGCSE/IGCSE or equivalent with a pass (E grade or better) in four (4) subjects.
- No candidate who has previously attended at the University may be re-admitted to the University under these regulations to a program in which he/she has previously been unsuccessful during the previous attendance unless he/she produces evidence of further study satisfactory to the University.
- If, in the opinion of the University, a candidate has compiled successfully with conditions (a) to (c) above, he/she will be required to sit a Special Entrance examination which will consist of a general paper and a special paper in the candidate’s intended field of study.
Since there are many more qualifying applicants than there are places available, the University has to use a selection procedure, and hence applying to the University having met the minimum requirements does not guarantee a place.
A minimum of six passes (E or better) in EGCSE, with a credit (C or better) in English and four other relevant subjects.
- Diploma in Architecture
- Diploma in Automotive - Heavy
- Diploma in Automotive - Light
- Diploma in Building Studies
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Office Management & Technology
- Diploma in Panel Beating and Spray Painting
- Diploma in Quantity Surveying
- Diploma in Secondary Teachers’ Diploma (Commercials, Design & Technology, ICT)
- Diploma in Telecommunications & Electronics Engineering
They are available online.
Each Undergraduate programme has special requirements, and the applicant needs to note these requirements for the programme they are interested in applying for.
The academic year runs from August to May of the following year and comprises of two semesters.
Commences: August of each calendar year
Commences: January of each calendar year
Tel: 2404 2681
Fax: 2404 4521